- All Resources
- Loans & Credit
- How do I clear my credit file?
- You’ve got the right to have information that is inaccurate your credit history corrected cost-free
Can I have errors corrected during my credit file?
Yes. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) states that you’ve got the directly to get a modification in your credit history for almost any inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, unimportant or information that is misleading. This can be done free of charge.
How to uncover what is in my own credit history?
Credit reporting bodies produce and hold credit history. Credit bodies that are reporting: Equifax (previously Veda Advantage), Dun & Bradstreet and Experian Credit Services Australia.
You will find a true amount of methods to discover what is with in your credit file. The right is had by you:
- To have a copy that is free of credit history. a credit rating human anatomy cannot fee with this, if you don’t obtained a duplicate of one’s credit file from their website in the earlier year;
- To have a copy that is free of credit file within 3 months of experiencing a software for credit refused;
- To be informed by way of a credit provider the cause of a loan refusal.
Just exactly just What rules use?
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) put down the statutory legislation in terms of information held in regards to you on the credit file. The Credit Reporting Privacy Code sets out of the real techniques this information is noted on your credit file.